Originally Posted by Anonymous
Exciting time for all the ‘27 dads looking at Big Lax High School!

At least until next spring when their kids realize they gave up their second sport to be one of 45 freshmen laxers.

Poor quarter zip dads, all drinking the koolaid.

Bit of advice- buy the sideline jacket from the team store. Those benches are COLD in March and April!
How many freshman parents will be crying and demanding answers to their kids fresh/soph placement after tryouts?

Honestly, only the parents who took the bait from the Lax Club directors who were "going to get him ready for Varsity in 9th grade" and "recruit him to the elite HS with the best fit (psssst, you should hold back)." I'm looking at you, shiny red helmets, shiny orange helmets, and ugly yellow helmets. But it's kind of on the parents for believing this craziness, and then putting it on the shoulders of MIAA coaches.

The vast majority of parents either don't engage with the coaches or if they do, they know that their son didn't do his best at tryouts, had a temper tantrum/threw a helmet, yapped back at coach, showed up late repeatedly, etc.

But sure, go play 2nd line at John Carroll or Park School instead of 3rd line at CHC/BL. To each his own. Your 2nd line Friends School attackman will have roughly the same college recruitment opportunities as a 3rd line Gilman ATT, if all other things are equal.

Man.

What a lost frame of mind.

Just all around.

Says the guy whose life mission is compulsively posting, in some form or other, that "all the good players refuse to go to their local Catholic schools and the big schools must be stopped at all costs." I'm sorry your son's friends took offers to attend Gilman and Calvert Hall, and your son is the only one who ended up at John Carroll. Sheeeeeesh enough already. "They could have been a dynasty at John Carroll!" Sure.

As to frame of mind, My above post says:
1) Really nobody is complaining to coaches
2) It's not the school coach's fault that mommy or Club Coach have big ambitions, it's up to the kid to show out.
3) Kids should play where they want to play, they'll end up where they're supposed to end up.

How is that a lost mindset?

Go back to your Bel Air Uber Eats delivery. No tip for you for all the cheese being on one side of the pizza. Yet again. I guess that is the fault of the Calvert Hall coaches too. Speaking of lost mindsets.