Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did I miss Mac Christmas now enrolled at McDonogh and left Gtown Prep. Does he not have to sit out a year?? Any other significant transfers into the MIAA?

Shame on McDonogh for allowing/recruiting a senior transfer purely for athletic purposes.

LOL - don't stop at McDonogh.

See BL Sr. attackman that transferred in this year, as well as the CH attackman that is also too old to play MIAA.

Is that Provost at CH? Who at BL?

This is all ridiculous that they would take kids only to be able to play in out of conference games and not MIAA games. I'd be so pissed if my spot was fluctuating back and forth.

Exactly. The thing that you really have to consider about BL is that the pecking order is changing intentionally. 5 years ago, if you transferred out of a private school in 8th as a lax recruit, to reclass another 8th grade year in BL, the world was your oyster. Now, the "day school students" and their families are being asked to be flexible with everything from tuition increases to giving up spots on sports teams to the boarding students. It is a big gamble by the school.......if the local kids see red flags and don't want to attend BL, the boarding school kids will have to come up big (in numbers) to ensure that good athletics continue.

All that said, this is a normal problem when sports teams, clubs, or programs shift their focus. The old "top dogs" are made uncomfortable (either because the new competition isn't good enough, or it's too good), and eventually see themselves out, and then the organization hopes that the new model and new kids actually work out.
CHC, BL, and MCD should be ashamed of themselves with these senior year transfers.... The arrogant coaches and staff are ruining MIAA lacrosse for everyone else. I wish the rest of the MIAA would ban these schools like they did with St Frances in football....