Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to the girls that made the Lacrosse Magazine top 30 list. I couldn’t help but notice a lot of top players missing and I think only 1 player from hero’s. None the less, congrats to those on it. Do coaches or IL use it?
I thought the list was pretty spot on.

Not even close! Agree that most are splitting hairs in the top 10 but too many outstanding players and athletes not on this list. They put zero.work into the 24 list and I am 100% certain they all nominated themselves. iL rankings are very good either. I do think they will get out and see more instead of taking their friends word for it though.
You're right, many left off who would make a top 50 list, not necessarily a top 30. You also do not nominate yourself for Top 30. You nominate yourself for the Watch list. Big difference.

You can find the application in the link on the Instagram post. You nominate yourself for rankings/watchlist. There are absolutely a lot more girls across the board that would be ranked in the top 10 if it was a true ranking system. Some of these girls are only on this list because they filled out the application or mommy or daddy filled it out for them and just didn’t tell their daughter.

They take submissions/ nominations for the watch list, not for the rankings. Everyone knows the names of the top 10, no denying they belong there. You can always argue there is more talent than represented in the top 30, but doesn’t diminish the girls who are on it.