Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard another tourney same weekend of NAL that’s better.
Rebels will never get invited to NAL nor NLF. That's why their best kids will leave by 5th grade

Care to explain why? Right now Igloo and Rebels are clearly the best at this age group and it is not close. Why would a tournament not invite 2 of the best teams?

Rebels tend to be a perennial B club overall. Just because they have 1 or 2 good teams at a younger age no one is going to throw the doors open when spots are limited unless the traditional invited teams decline. As history tends to repeat, the best players on the one off unicorn teams will eventually leave and play at Express or 91, especially if they go Catholic. So no need to change tournament invite models.
I know, this time is different. But it’s probably not. When the parents start to pick up that they are being left out of the best tournaments and the bigger clubs come knocking at the door with tuition discounts, the #Rebelsforlife thing falls apart.

I understand what you are saying. I think the obsession with the NAL of NLF being the only good tournaments is silly. Legacy has mostly b teams and ther 2024 was dominant and has a ton of D1 commits. So it is possible for a team not in the Big 2 to have a successful run. Time will tell. I don’t see anyone running over to 91 anytime soon because the team is a dumpster fire with daddy ball. 8 dad coaches and from what I hear some of their kids shouldn’t be on the team. CoachC will start making his hard push for players after this year and next.

Bottom line is there will be movement every year on all these teams. These dominant youth teams have very few of the same kids on the team when they get to high school