Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels isnt even a B team at this point. Their "B" team would beat the team they sent to Fl this weekend. That's a lot of $ and time to fly to FL to get humiliated. And they got worse each game. Great job by the coaches too. Hey, at least their kids got to play. As for recruiting, the highlights were plentiful: "If you had a Rebels jersey, Here's what NOT to do"

Rebels are fine. Worry about your own team. Some teams don’t travel well in fall. But getting to go down there and expos yourself is an awesome opportunity. Wins and losses?? If you’re worrying about that you do not know that recruiting season has began. The only important thing right now is starting the process and opening as many doors for your little Johnny.

This is correct. Wins and losses are no longer relevant. Now it’s about getting to the right tourneys and in front of the right coaches.

Since I'm paying the bills I respectfully disagree. We should have stayed home. The only reason we were there is to promote the Rebels brand and get some name recognition. Any press is good press, after this weekend I doubt it. Total waste of our time and my hard earned money. Nobody stands out on a depleted bad team, so what's the point?[/quote]

Kinda true with respect to a team that isn’t competing. Very hard to stand out as the best players on a team that is losing. It’s unfortunate, but coaches will pick their chairs up and move. But why the need for A teams. The Rebels B team is good, they were impressive yesterday at Stony Brook. What’s wrong with two B+ or A- teams? Just put them in the correct events and all will be fine.