Originally Posted by Anonymous
I call troll too. The tell is claiming that your family will be "in the black" after college. The other tell is that you claim to be a Long Island Dad whose son is committed to college, yet here you are reading and writing long posts on a 2027 mid-atlantic board. You are trying too hard and overplaying your hand. Nice try though.

You all spend so much time trying to figure out who is writing the post that you miss the point. I was hoping people would respond more to whether boys need to be on an NLF team or not. Does it really make a difference in recruiting? I personally don't think it does but my son is just an 8th grader so I don't know.[/quote]

The short answer is NO, you do not need to be associated with an NLF program. The area we live in sends tons of kids to D1 schools and the NLF program here is not relevant, has really no competitive boys teams. Coincidentally, a non NLF club in this region that has had nearly 40 D1 commits from their 23' and 24' teams was blocked for years by this local NLF team, I guess if you can't beat them, block them. Plenty of high level tournaments out there these days, get on a good team and go play.