Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone explain the NLF to me? I understand that there are an original 6 and also a group of affiliates. Seems to be alot of BS associated with these tournaments/teams....For instance, let's say you were a club on LI and your team was called something like "Team 19" (this is hypothetical). Let's say there was a strong club also on LI and let's say their team name was "Door 2 Door". Did you know in the NLF book of secrets/bylaws that if you're one of these Original 6 you can block a club from playing in these NLF tournaments? I just find it funny that on the front page of the NLF website in big bold letters it says "IRON SHARPENS IRON". This blocking rule flies completely in the face of true competition and is chicken BLEEP. Does anyone from other areas know of similar situations??? In the end we are talking about clubs, grown men, supposed ambassador's of the sport denying kids from the opportunity to compete which in my opinion flies in the face of why we even play sports and compete.

All the best teams are at NLF. If your kid has what it takes go to tryouts. Complainers not wanted.