Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your points 2 , 4 and 5 are [Censored] backwards .

I mean, they are backwards for *my* family. I can't project that onto other families (though you just did) but I think most people, if they did an unemotional analysis, would really understand that it doesn't make any real sense for their family either.

For my sons who are both "on the radar" and want to do "something with lax" in their adult lives (marketing, coaching, etc, they're not yet sure), but our family business (which they don't want to participate in) isn't in the sports industry, it doesn't make any real difference if they play upper D1, lower D1, upper D2, upper D3. Yes, the connections are a focus at any college or lax programs are a focus for us, but hey, we live in LaxTown USA and they play for and attend an MIAA-A school. Most of their college costs will be covered. At some point, as parents, haven't you done enough?

Nobody ever talks about the substantial number of prep school holdbacks who get on a D1 roster, detest it, and drop off the team. I play with several such guys in mens league lax. Talk about throwing a wrench in your kid's stats lol. One day he just walks!