Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jesters benefited that weekend from Refs who struggled to pay attention to the girls who were in violation of the three second rule. When you run a zone backer defense, if refs aren’t on top of it, you can get away with it.

Make no mistake, they are a strong team, I’d easily put them top -10, but they won’t be able to do what they did at St Paul’s in most games.

Jesters runs a very plain vanilla zone. Any team that knows how to quickly change the point of attack will break it down easily.

Granted, Jesters is a great team. Lots of speed in midfield, very physical and win a ton of GBs and a very good goalie. I'd put them somewhere between 8 and 15.

Their one weakness is that they don't have a dominant scorer. I imagine in the summer they will play a bunch of 6-5 or 5-3 kinda games.

Interesting analysis...if there's one call refs are all over, it's 3 seconds.. as far as a zone, of course it can be beat just like any man defense...from what i've seen, they play 2 different zones...it's a team game, a dominant scorer isn't needed. the game of lacrosse requires one girl to have the ability to beat one defender, everything after involves ball movement.. must be a disgruntled hero parent