Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like the commitments for 24’s have really slowed down. Are colleges moving to the 25’s now ?

No

Looks to be about 1,060 24s committed so far. Probably will be 2,000+ by the time they are done with 24s. So, I think only 1/2 done. Good luck to the 24s still in the process and stay positive. There seems to be plenty of spots somewhere that are left, if the past 5 years are any indication of how recruiting goes?

Remember the number of D1 commits (excluding transfers) is usually around 1200. The rest of committs for D2 and D3.

Most top-50 teams are pretty much done. (With a few exceptions). Some lower conferences like MAC, NEC and Big South have more sports available.

I would expect this class to be a bit larger than last classes as the number of 5th year girls will greatly drop off

Top 50? How do you even define Top 50? Lower Conferences? You imply that all teams in a given conference are the same which they are not. North Carolina and Va Tech are not the same, Maryland and Ohio State are not the same, Loyola and Bucknell are not the same, Princeton and Cornell are not the same, Stony Brook and Albany (or should I say William & Mary) are not the same. All teams in a conference are not created equal and they do not necessarily recruit or get the same caliber of player. The reality is only the coaches at the individual programs know if they have spots left. My guess is that if the right player expresses interest or decommits from a verbal commitment many of the programs that you say are done would find a way to make it work if they believed the player could help their program. Maybe coaches are saving spots while waiting to see which players enter the Portal. If the coach doesn't land any big transfers maybe they offer the spot to a HS player.