Originally Posted by Anonymous
They just did it off of rankings, MDU is better than M&D and HG according to rankings....and honestly history between the top teams.

Not sure you can put MDU ahead of M&D, maybe even. MDU is definitely better than Hero's.

The top 4 could trade wins and loses multiple times in a 10 game series. M &D beat MDU the only time they played, so using the rankings doesn't really help in that regards and coppermine didn't play MDU. Splitting the top 4 teams with 2 in one and 2 is as fair as you will get it.

The time when it can get lopsided, is if they have to play a team from the other division and those match ups aren't even. If MDU and Heros are in the same division and both have to play 1 out of division game, it shouldn't be where one plays coppermine and the other plays NEMS. But, if there are 15 or 16 teams do you even play teams from the other division?

Agreed top 4 could trade wins and losses depending on the day. One side will also have Crush who, say what you will, has been a good team that could upset a team ranked above them. Even if not, they are a lot better than next team down (Pride?). I guess it only matters in terms of seeding for teams vying for playoffs because 3 go from each side (right?). Seems like no matter how you hack it, top 6 will end up being MDU, M&D, Coppermine, Heros, Crush, Pride. Who else could make a run? Skywalkers? Their fall wasn't great, but I thought they were supposed to have made improvements.

How would a 6 team playoff work? Would everyone play every other team or would they only compete with other teams in their division before the final? Would there be byes or would goal differential be used?

I think the top 4 teams in each division should make the playoffs and play an elimination tournament with the first place team playing the last place team in the other division, etc. This would greatly lessen the impact of likely unbalanced divisions.