Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does the league finish this year?
Thoughts/predictions?

LB Lax Dad here so leave me alone about the pix at the top lol.

1. McD - no reason they will not repeat.
2. BL - impossible to imagine they won't rebound this year and at least get close.
3. St. Marys - too much talent graduated. Surprising amount of Annapolis talent headed to IAC schools instead. It was (almost) good while it lasted.
4. CH - Not real hot on either the 2025 or 2026 recruiting class. Some changes or some secret boarding students needed.
5. St. Pauls - Things are clicking. Mistakes will be made, though. My only real hot take.
6. Spalding - will take a couple hits on the chin and then be off the radar in late season.
7-T. John Carroll - Good things happening. Just not enough of them.
7-T. Loyola. Continued floundering for no apparent reason.
9-11. TBD Gilman, Severn, MSJ.

Nice list LB Lax Dad - pretty much agree with your observations/comments. My only changes would be LB and Spalding to switch places and Severn in JC's place.

Out of all these schools, I know the least about Severn's current program, though I am close with many lax alums. What do they have going on, that would have them bypass the good things going on at John Carroll?

And yes I think the smallest schools (JC, SP, Severn, MSJ) share an inconsistency problem....though with huge upsides. Perhaps the opposite of the problem of Spalding and Loyola (consistent mediocrity, and consistently lose the games they're "supposed to lose").
MSJ is not a small school... Its a heck of a lot bigger then BL... Calvert Hall, Loyola and MSJ have the biggest High School populations in Private schools outside Baltimore