Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it a foregone conclusion that 91 will move up over team maryland?
Team MD doesn't have 1 elite player on their roster....facts!

Most of the elite teams only have 8-10 elite players on their rosters - unpopular facts!

I've been one to point out that the 2nd and 3rd line of most elite teams in MD/DC look a whole lot like the starters of AAAA/AAA teams. I know that is somehow insulting but it's true.

However in the case of Team MD, 91, FCA White, VLC, Blue Claws, KP (RIP) and so on, while the above is kinda true, those teams all lack an elite/dominant player who is really able to take over a game. ML, Hawks, FCA Blue, even Crabs have at least one if not more. That's the big problem I see with BLC, 91, Team MD playing in Elite this year.

I agree with much of the commentary but there is more… FOGO and goalie play are very important.

Let’s break it down.. ML definitely has a kid very tough to stop on offense (we all know who), but they also have a very good defense….probably the best defensive midfield group around and the whole defense plays aggressive and recovers well. Hawks have fire power on offense and the best goalie-FOGO combo. FCA probably moves the ball the best on offense, very well coached, good close defense, and the new additions are impressive. NL doesn’t have any big holes in their team, well coached, and have a couple elite offensive threats. Crabs has a good defense, big midfielder that can create offense, and the new players on attack are very athletic.