Originally Posted by Anonymous
BBL 2024 commits include Virginia, Maryland, and Princeton so far.
Tri-State 2024 commits include Cornell and Brown so far.
LE 2024 commits include Cornell, Harvard and Virginia so far.

It's clear that there's more than one path out of NJ to top D1 schools.

As the last poster said . . . LE's not slipping but BBL and TS have elevated their recruiting and that's a good thing for our boys.

The 2024 class has a lot of recruits throughout all club teams. LE 2025 is probably the strongest group of 2025. We will see how they do next year.

If slipping is Harvard Cornell Virginia Lehigh Richmond Villanova Lafayette Dartmouth BU. Sign me up, let me slip!

I know this sounds strange but that is slipping, only because 3-4 years ago they used to have 20+ kids going to D1, more than half of those going top top tier. Now is seems like they are around half that overall. Used to be if you were on LE you were a lock for D1, now it’s only a third of the roster. I’m an LE parent and have to say it’s not what it was. But still probably the best club for recruiting in NJ. At least for now.

This is mainly due to the talent getting spread out amongst clubs. Five years ago all the best NJ HS players played for LE. Up until recently BBL was youth focused and now is doing a lot better retaining HS players. Tristate is making a bit of come back from the early days when Tristate Black was the best HS club team to play for. Then you have the one off Towermen team which had a good amount of the 2026 talent. LE isn’t slipping, they just don’t get all of the best players anymore.