Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is anyone else extremely concerned by the new St Anthony’s assistant filtering kids through his training. I know most public schools won’t hire those who train or coach club due to conflict of interest. Why is it ok in this situation when a handful of the team is at his private sessions and winter league where he’s making $ off them and in a few months will be choosing who subs in and makes a team?

It should be very concerning as St Anthony's has become a pay/play with the new assistant coach.

To the poster that said they trained there before: not true. Shame on st ants for allowing this. They have done so well with proper filtering until now

I think you people live in a bubble. The boy's Catholic(s) coaches run an entire lacrosse club Long Island. They still only play the best players at school, regardless of their club affiliation. An assistant girls' coach running training on the side is small potatoes. And yes, many HS coaches have training side gigs.

Agreed, I can think of at least 2 dozen HS coaches off the top of my head that also coach club teams. A few even own or direct club programs.