Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes it’s travel, but also lots of money. So when your kid makes the team, he practices hard, attends all the practices. Attends all the additional add on trainings. Attends all the more money box league stuff. Does everything he is supposed to do. He earns his playing time the rite way. Then out of the blue some strange kid from Pittsburgh shows up our tournaments, takes playing time from your kid. You’re trying to tell me this is how it’s supposed to be. Also how do you leave team you paid several thousand dollars too. Just go to another team and pay again. I don’t understand how some people find this normal.

Time is short for this group when you think about it. Yes, you cut bait and leave in my opinion, tuition payments are usually spread out.. Or if your club has a 2nd team, move down. Nothing else matters than being in the field for next summer and next fall. Make the change now before you regret it in the summer, while leaving a tournament in the summer and trying to keep it positive in the car ride home for your son.