Interested in hearing from others who have experienced this…my 9th grade son is getting burnt out on lacrosse. He is a good to very good player and has success on the field, gets plenty of playing time and has lots of friends on club and HS team. Probably will start varsity as a 10th grader at a very good NY public HS. He says it is stressful especially now that he and his friends are talking about college. I’m telling him it’s too early to stress about college and just have fun. He said it just isn’t that fun for him right now. Part of me wants to tell him to do what he wants and if wants to quit that is fine with me. The other part of me wants to make him play in HS because I think he will regret it in the future if he quits. And also because I don’t think a 14 year old will always make the right decision about his future. He knows that lacrosse will give him more options when it comes to college and he will likely get into a better school than he would without it. I told him we can reevaluate after he finishes his freshman season. Also, he has no other hobbies or extra curricular interests and he recently quit other sports to focus on lacrosse. He is getting into girls and parties and I’m sure that is part of the picture. Would love any input and please try to resist the urge to post troll responses. Thanks!