Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t know about this fall, but M&D 2029 has definitely played to win the last couple of years in NGLL play. As another person mentioned, playing time is not equal and there have been games where several players have not touched the field. That should not be happening at this age (and younger).

It’s not unique to them. However, glad to say that my daughters team plays everyone every game. Not equally, but a decent amount.

In NGLL they definitely play to win and that's why they went 7-1 and 8-0 the last two years in NGLL play. Losing to Hero's in two Championships. That's the whole point people are trying to make. If they wanted to, they could play less girls and be more successful. It is not a knock on any player on their team, it's just the reality of lacrosse at this age. Most teams are carried by a few girls and the more they play and touch the ball, the more successful the team. You are correct in saying at this age girls should see the field and I bet that ways on the minds these M&D coaches for this 29 team. Otherwise, I think you would have seen better results this fall.

Point being, too much stock being put into the fall by Coppermine parents excited for two one goal wins. Which, they should be happy about not saying otherwise. I just don't read into it as much. Come spring M&D will be just fine.

So sometimes they play to win and sometimes they don't... sounds like an identity crisis. Here is my guess with what is really going on given the nature of club lacrosse... They play to win and win. Instead of the team being happy for one another, parents complain because their kid didn't play enough or didn't touch the ball enough, coach caves, kid plays and shoots more. Team struggles. It happens everywhere and it seems M&D is willing to make concessions in the fall to keep parents happy in order to win in the spring.