Originally Posted by Anonymous
She is def a main player on team so not concerned about that. What I wonder is about going to a showcase with 20 colleges listed. She is supposed to email them now informing them she will be there? If that’s true, that’s what I am questioning. She has no idea at this point where she wants to go or even major in. So I guess we have to start looking at what schools will be there and start researching.

We also haven’t started going to individual schools yet because of the above. No idea where to start. She is a good player, not one of thr top 20 schools though which we are all fine with including her. But a mod to lower d-1 is fine according to her coach. Grades are high but not Harvard lol. She has a huge list to whittle down. That’s the part I am struggling with.

If she’s going to a showcase with 20 coaches there and you are just starting the process , email all of them before the showcase. You never know what may happen? At the beginning it’s good to get name out there and attention. As the process goes on, you will see some coaches start to hit daughters sports recruit and can start narrowing things down. In the beginning, cast a very wide net. Making sure to do a little extra to your daughters top 20 choices. Hopefully grab their attention. Most importantly, just try and be realistic about athletic ability and academic ability when choosing the top 20. Good Lick!