Originally Posted by Anonymous
The facts are in the stats. M&D is falling further behind the rest in the 29 division. Their brand of "ISO" lacrosse that seemed to have carried them in past years is no longer working. Opponents defense is better and girls on other teams are more powerful, skilled, and coached to play a team game. Are players leaving M&D to go to other clubs? I mean of players in the past, do they leave M&D or do they stay for the name and opportunities a big club name provides.

Just because the better girls are getting the opportunities doesn't make it "iso" ball. Most teams at this age have 2-3 girls who can score. Heros has 3-4 and that's why they are number 1 right now. And watch Heros play against M&D, MDU, Eaglestix, i.e. the top teams, rarely are shots taken by anyone other than those 3-4 girls. IF you watch a game with M&D they have several more kids taking shots every game than most clubs. If anything, one could argue they would be better if they let their better players get MORE touches and shots. M&D has 2 or 3 girls who can drive, keep their head up, and pass or finish. No different than most clubs at this age. Not saying other girls can't score but the game is different when the better players touch the ball. If they ran more of your "iso" ball with those 2-3 girls, they would be even better. The argument can be made they play MORE of a team game than other clubs at this age which is limiting their wins this fall. If they wanted to win at all cost my guess is they would "iso" more not less.

And no one is leaving the number 4 team in the 29 division and top overall club in the country during middle school, voluntarily. With that said, my guess is half that team will change over before 9th grade. I've seen it on at the older ages in the last few years. With girls making the jump to try and get the advantage of M&D name during the recruiting years.