Originally Posted by Anonymous
A little bit frustrated that the only players committed on our team are the two coaches kids, the coaches Highschool player, and the Highschool teammate of the coaches kid. Not sure why other players aren’t getting the same attention as mommy and daddy’s kids and their town teammates. Are any other clubs or individuals experiencing this type of favoritism?

What did you expect ? That is why you don't play on teams with parent coaches. It is always obvious that they favor their own kids. You wouldn't ?

They preached a lot to keep us after the merger. BS called us personally to tell us he was going to personally handle our recruiting and make us the face of the team. When talking about how annoyed I am with this current recruiting situation wrh other parents (kids getting no help unless your the coaches kid or the coaches kids friend) I’m now finding out this was said to four other kids with the exact same wording. Do not play for this club should be written in the back of my shirt along with a clown Bevause I’m a fool for believing what I was told.

What type of help do you want? Have college coaches watched your daughters team play? Have you (your daughter) made it your business to make sure that the coaches at the schools that your daughter is sincerely interested in are aware of her interest? College coaches watch players play and they go after (recruit) and make offers to the players that they believe can help their program. Club / HS coaches do not control which players the college coaches make offers to. Most programs bring in 7-9 players per year, they try to get the best players that they can, they do not hand out spots because a certain parent (coach or otherwise) wants them to.

What is your thinking? What is the goal? What level of college program are you hoping to receive an offer from? What level of program has expressed interest?

IMHO, few if any people outside the schools coaching staff have influence over which players receive offers.