Originally Posted by Anonymous
A little bit frustrated that the only players committed on our team are the two coaches kids, the coaches Highschool player, and the Highschool teammate of the coaches kid. Not sure why other players aren’t getting the same attention as mommy and daddy’s kids and their town teammates. Are any other clubs or individuals experiencing this type of favoritism?

What did you expect ? That is why you don't play on teams with parent coaches. It is always obvious that they favor their own kids. You wouldn't ?

They preached a lot to keep us after the merger. BS called us personally to tell us he was going to personally handle our recruiting and make us the face of the team. When talking about how annoyed I am with this current recruiting situation wrh other parents (kids getting no help unless your the coaches kid or the coaches kids friend) I’m now finding out this was said to four other kids with the exact same wording. Do not play for this club should be written in the back of my shirt along with a clown Bevause I’m a fool for believing what I was told.

These comments are completely inaccurate and do not tell the full story. These two coaches are working so hard for all of the girls on the team. Some are just taking longer to pan out than others. They both are constantly reaching out to parents and players asking what they can do to help. Sending emails, publicizing kids, etc. They even have reached out to the Varsity coaches of every kid to try to get them more involved and create a partnership.

At the end of the day, there's only so much the coaches can do. I wonder if parents are taking their kids to ID camps, showcase, etc. Are they sending emails to coaches on a regular basis or are they relying on the coaches to do all of it? The coaches jobs are to teach the players and put them in positions to succeed and as a parent on the team, I can say that these two have done that and more. I have only known these coaches for less than 2 years but I can say that they have done more for my kid (both on and off the field) than any coach she has ever had. They're not just "mommy and daddy" coaches. Both of them have spent their entire lifetime in the sport.

Again, the comments above do not tell the full story. 2 of the kids mentioned are lucky to have a varsity HC that is very involved in the recruiting process and has been doing it for a long time and has a lot of good connections. The other 2 are really good players that play their school ball on one of the best teams in the State. Not every kid is that lucky. Many varsity coaches are uninvolved and only talk to the kids when in-season. Maybe the four that committed are just four of the best players on the team.

I think you should talk to the coaches rather than air the dirty laundry here. I am sure they would be more than willing to help as much as possible as they have been non-stop since the merger.