Originally Posted by Anonymous
In 8th grade their team would be a high school team…so you’re suggesting that as a senior they would just skip club lacrosse? Or that as an 8th grader they would just play with the high school team, all Because they were born two days before the cut off.

What dude? They would play in their age group. U13, U14, U15, etc. If most of their peers are in 9th grade but they have to play with mostly 8th graders that would be their parents fault for holding them back.

Have some accountability/integrity. You knew what you were doing when you held him back.

This is classic. Y’all are making it seem like at age 4 parents knew that at age 11 or 12 someone would change all the rules. But even more hilarious is that you think they were even thinking about sports. No one knows if their kid is even going to want to play sports at that age.

At the end of the day I really don’t care. Doesn’t truly impact my kid. But I know a lot of people who aren’t the monsters you make them out to be and he would definitely be impacted. And while those of you whose kid has been struggling presume it is all the “holdbacks” faults, you will soon learn that it was very few of them (12+ month holdbacks) who really needed to be addressed.

Frankly I know who most of the holdbacks are from 2030-2027 in our club. Non of them are the difference makers you make them out to be.

Now I’ve heard tales about the infamous double holdbacks and certain clubs who go out of the way to recruit kids down etc…and that’s disgusting. So if this is the only way to stop it, so be it.

But please stop with the assumptions that summer holdbacks are ao dangerous for your precious angel to play against. You’re talking about a couple months. And in some cases days.

You are a holdback apologist, so easy to see. You also make these strawman argument's that are Hilarious. Who is making them bad guys?, You ? , The system is broken when you allow same birthday players , one to play down and other to play on age with others playing down at the Youth level.

Age is what it should be whatever start you have ( Jan 1, May1, Sept 1 ) .