Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there a reason only Coppermine makes changes midseason?

My only guess is they are trying to get to the top at all cost. I know of several parents who were blind sided last summer when kids showed up and played over their kid who was on the team all year. Then when those kids decided to leave (can't blame them) and go to another club after summer tryouts, they were told if they don't accept the Coppermine offer they will be removed from the roster before the last summer tournament. Club is cut throat but most clubs have the decency to wait till summer is over to make roster changes. Coppermine seems to be willing to add and delete at any time.

All true. That last summer tourney is awkward for many teams, though, as it often occurs after tryouts and girls are cut. That being said, why girls and families still play for Mr Baldie and fired RPCS AD is beyond me. In any year, this could be your girl sitting when a new player shows up mid-season.

lol - lots of salty parents. Coppermine added 1 girl in season last year. The rest of the so-called facts are untrue.

Nobody cares about Coppermine trying to compete with the big clubs. As a matter of fact, I can tell you, the bigger clubs don't even consider them in the same league. Club lacrosse eventually is about recruiting and being on Coppermine is not the same as Heros, M&D, LIYJ, Aces, etc. So no we aren't salty because no one outside your little club really pays attention to Coppermine. It just another game on our schedule...

Your 29 must be your oldest daughter. Your statements are not true. They are what the big clubs want you to believe. Having had a daughter go through the recruiting process, the college coaches are at the fields of the top teams. If your team is in the top brackets at the big torunaments you will be seen. It is not only the big 3 with track records that get girls recruited. The game is growing and the teams with top athletes is increasing every season.

I agree with this comment. It seems the commenter before you had a bad experience with Coppermine causing them to lash out on an anonymous forum. It's a shame because these girls are 11/12 years old. As a dad of a young athlete, I am just hoping they continue to grow and love the game through middle school. AND KEEP PLAYING. Kids stop playing sports at such a young age and for girls it's even younger. 70% of kids stop playing sports by age 13... their number one reason, IT IS NO LONGER FUN!

"Studies from the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) have found that of the 40 million youths who participate in organized sports each year, 70% will drop out before the age of 13! When asked why the number one reason given is that they just don't find it fun anymore."

And anyone who asks, why is it not fun anymore, send them the link to this forum.