Originally Posted by Anonymous
Less believable, but not less relevant.

I actually appreciate the obvious advocating over the farce of objectivity when someone either has an axe to grind or has a daughter on a specific team.

These ranking, and much of the great feedback on them, helps me see what teams to be on the look out for that may not have been on my radar.

To that end, I thought the overall play this weekend (I watched 4 games) was barely average for all of the teams. It's too early...

Agreed. Been saying for 2 years that I think the depth of this class is nowhere near the 25s or 26s. There are a three great teams at the top with great starting lineup, but after that it drops really fast.

I have a 2027 and a 2028 and I can tell you what, go watch some of the top 2028 games, they are no where close to the play of the 2027s elite teams.

I've seen top 2028 teams who cannot catch and throw.

that being said, Its really hard to compare these teams across age groups because they all play in their own little universes.

Not sure which three great teams you are referring to at the 2027 age level unless you are specific only to the local scene, Hero's M&D and BLC, yet if you look at some scores over the last few weeks, you will se a few 1-2 goal games amongst them involving teams outside the big three.

A few players on one team can make a huge difference, especially at draw or middie or goalie.

I would say they are the difference on all teams. There are a few studs on the best teams that push them over the top. All the others are average players that got lucky to be on a team with those studs.