Originally Posted by Anonymous
Both have their flaws TY does not travel out of MIAA all spring season. Not one time did he attend a regular season or playoff game on LI. That is malpractice. He will always short change the NE especially LI with a Maryland bias and it’s all based on not evaluating thoroughly Does he know MIAA absolutely and does a great job with that. Can not call yourself a National recruiting evaluator and the only time you watch players is in summer tournament. The few early season LI matchups, the geico classical St Anthony’s, the Nassau and Suffolk championship the Long Island Championships and states (which I understand as their were recruiting events
In the NLF There is a major NLF bias towards their members for sure and many things do not make any sense. Some suggest if players do not attend certain events they will never be ranked
Overall there are just so many high level players. Imagine how players out west feel or even in New England these areas produce major talent yet they fly under the radar

You can’t argue NLF is better. It just includes their clubs. Ty’s is more fulsome of all. But since so few from LI ended up in the top 50 last year, I understand the criticism.
Both have their flaws TY does not travel out of MIAA all spring season. Not one time did he attend a regular season or playoff game on LI. That is malpractice. He will always short change the NE especially LI with a Maryland bias and it’s all based on not evaluating thoroughly Does he know MIAA absolutely and does a great job with that. Can not call yourself a National recruiting evaluator and the only time you watch players is in summer tournament. The few early season LI matchups, the geico classical St Anthony’s, the Nassau and Suffolk championship the Long Island Championships and states (which I understand as their were recruiting events
In the NLF There is a major NLF bias towards their members for sure and many things do not make any sense. Some suggest if players do not attend certain events they will never be ranked
Overall there are just so many high level players. Imagine how players out west feel or even in New England these areas produce major talent yet they fly under the radar

You can’t argue NLF is better. It just includes their clubs. Ty’s is more fulsome of all. But since so few from LI ended up in the top 50 last year, I understand the criticism.

Ty doesn’t watch the LI teams much. IL attended just one tournament that my sons team was at this summer. And the team is a top LI team. Compare that to other teams (Baltimore area) where he sees them play many many times. He obviously gets to know the talent that he sees often, and if he sees your kid only once, the result is obvious. You would think IL would have personal representation in all of the densely populated lacrosse areas like LI, NE, upstate, etc. Everything turned out fine for my son, but it easily could have gone far better, given a fair/impartial process. But, hey, it’s lacrosse. Nothing is fair or impartial.