Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are a coach and one of your kids chooses to play in The Circuit for a money grab National team over your club team's first tournament what should the outcome be for that kid?

IDK, it’s all fairly relative. These are 7th graders and they and their parents are customers, not pro athletes under contracts. So if they wanted to play in a tournament, that tbh looks pretty cool, I don’t see a problem. Also, don’t most of these local club teams feed into national programs anyway in some shape or form? It is also fairly customary for other clubs to display professional courtesy to other clubs and coaches and check with coaches and directors before talking to kids about playing for another team, so it is probably not something the coaches would not know about beforehand. However, if you are a person who believes that the only good lacrosse that gets played in the United States is in Maryland then you should take it as a personal affront and post about it on this very forum.

You seriously think that the coach or director of a Circuit team will call the coach or director of a player's regular team as a courtesy before talking to the player or his family? Let's see how that discussion would go:

Circuit coach: "Hello Coach, Mike Smith here, I am coaching this really awesome Circuit team, and we were hoping it would be okay to borrow your starting goalie, two starting poles, and your lefty attack for a big tournament this weekend. I know you have your own tournament, but your guys will get exposed to exceptionally elite competition and coaching, and they will have a blast. You good with that?"

Regular Travel Coach: "No problem! I want my players getting reps anywhere they can, and you can coach them up better than I ever could myself. Thanks for the courtesy call, really appreciate it. Here are the names of a couple other players who you may be worth a look too. Good luck this weekend, bring home a trophy!"

Sure, I bet those discussions are happening right now across the lacrosse world.