Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wouldn't put much stock in all HS player rankings of many sports EXCEPT it actually impacts college coaches. Lacrosse HS hype machines are very powerful for the connected schools/clubs. And lax coaches completely rely upon club programs to be de facto recruiters for them.

In a time when lacrosse is booming in terms of HS play across the country, the recruiting circuit has actually narrowed. Look at top lists-- the same school and club name dominate the list. College coaches have very limited time or resources to properly screen recruits. They rely upon showcase lists, rankings, tourney appearances, etc.

Amazing how a club-owned property like NLF pretends to be some source of talent evaluation. It's an inside job. And it's working.

I love the game. It’s one of my true passions in life. Played for 20 years. Coached youth for about the same. Had two children that went through the process including one that was a top player throughout his career and went on to play at a top D1 program. Having said that, there is no more corrupt sport on the planet. Nothing is anywhere close to “fair”. Nothing! The depth of unethical/cheating absolutely boggles the mind. And it’s all due to the monetization of the sport, with no governing body, with the eventual carrot of getting your kid into a prestigious college. People with money (or people trying to make money off the sport), and no moral character, run the show, and therefore reap all of the benefits. It’s a trashy sport. If you don’t realize that, it’s either because you are still new to the game or your kid doesn’t play at the highest level. Back to the point: EVERYTHING is an “inside job”.