Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh man you are going to hurt feelings and break hearts by insinuating that the #9 middle, #3 goalie, and #7 defensemen on (each of) Hawks/NL/ML/FCA are not elite! Eliteness works by association, haven't you heard?!

Agree with the other poster about continuing on in college at lax vs football. Between D1 and D3 there are enough spots for more than half of varsity lax players every year. Especially D3 which has teams still publicly advertising for roster spots in Feb-March of HS senior year. Let's call it 50-70% placement.

Compare that to football.......6.5% of varsity players advance to college.

And a data point that isn't a real statistic
1) Number of 2024s who ran a sub 4.75 40 at the Iron 44 Lax Combine: 0 (best time in the entire event was 4.79)
2) Number of 2024s who ran a sub 4.75 40 at the Nike Football Combine (or whatever it's called): 75

Your son may be a Mad Lax starter all the way through HS but he's not playing D1 football at any place you'd want to brag about to your PG County Country Club Adjacent pals.

Couldn't be more true. Same applies for hoops. My kid is a good player on a top 10 lax team. He played AAU bball on a pretty good team, not great. Took him to a mid-tier AAU hoops tourney and he went from being one of the more athletic kids on his nationally ranked lax team to just another guy with apparently mediocre athleticism in a mid-tier hoops tourney.

The level of size/speed/athleticism required to play D1 football/basketball is a whole different world from D1 lacrosse. Nothing wrong with that. Same applies for golf and fencing, but I'd happily send my kid to Harvard on a fencing scholarship if that's what he was into.

There are tons of reclasses on AAU basketball Earl.

Do those AAU reclasses have 3.9 GPAs at prep schools when they were on-age, and have standardized test scores in the top 25% nationally (as the stereotypical lax reclass does)? Generally, I suspect not.

You accidentally let your racism show a bit. Nice job.

I love 2022. The guy who assumes all basketball players are a specific race, calls me out for saying basketball prospects have lower grades than lax players. Golf clap.

If you think the top 10, or 100, or 1000 basketball prospects have similar grades and test scores as the top 10/100/1000 lax prospects, I don't know what to do for you. The data is quite easy to assemble.

Now scram, Clown. You know nothing!