Originally Posted by Anonymous
M&D is better on draw, at middie and on defense, which is suffocating.

Hero’s has better shooters and more dynamic on attack.

Both teams prob top 3 Midatlantic at all positions.

I enjoy when my daughters team plays both, a true test.

The attack on Heros is not more dynamic unless you're the father of the weak lefty.

This is in very bad taste! Classless

Honestly, most of this entire thread is sad and absurd. 13 year old girls, 99%+ of whom will not be on ESPN playing in the DI tourney in 5-9 years. But they were #1 on their Hero's or M&D team when they were in middle school! Awesome! And even if they do make it to the top of the lacrosse world, good luck making a living out of it. Total grind.

Heck, 50% of the kids who decide to play D1 don’t even continue playing all 4 years at that level. It’s a complete grind. I’ve had two daughters who have gone all the way through 4 years of playing D1 lacrosse and half of the girls they played club and HS lacrosse with who played at the D1 level (many at top 10 programs) quit lacrosse before their college days were over. It’s a full time job on top of their academics and they quickly burn out or develop other interests they want to pursue as they continue to mature. I have a 2027 daughter too and I am going to try to convince her to play D2/D3 if she still wants to play in college so that she has more flexibility to enjoy ALL things that college has to offer (study abroad, other club options, etc…). Another reason I saw so many of my older daughters’ peers quit in college is because they got frustrated with putting in so much time in practice, etc… but never seeing the field until their junior year at the earliest. Look at UMD even! Most of those studs never even step on the field come game time. That gets hard for these girls who were used to bei to the field most of the time during their high school and club years. And they decide it’s not worth it. And in the end, is it really? Of course the tuition discount is nice (& necessary for some) but in the end, is their a big ROI? Many figure out it isn’t and they either quit or transfer to a top D2/D3 programs where they can have the best of all worlds. Just look at these programs rosters. They are r full of players who previously played at these Top 10 lacrosse programs! I don’t understand why so many parents on this forum can’t see past their own egos to see this.

^^^^ That’s why you don’t pick a school for lacrosse! You use lacrosse to open doors to great schools that your kid may not have had opportunity to go to otherwise! Like poster said, the lacrosse is going to be a frustration for majority of girls at the top D1 programs.