Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do have to say. I am not a LE guy by any means, but for the amount of detest their 2024 team has gotten in the past couple years, they are doing pretty well right now when it comes to recruiting. They somehow find a way, every year. Cornell Harvard and Villanova already.

You’re giving credit to the club but those kids are going to those schools no matter what club they play for.

That is very much debatable. Regardless, one of the commits was actually a JV player for his High School. Coaching staff completely missed on that one.

It really is not debatable. If your son is a top level player that plays for a club that attends high visibility tournaments the club makes no difference (0.0). Also going to a prospect day for a school that has known interest in you is very helpful. The D1 coaches are reaching out not only to the Club recruiting coordinators, they are also reaching out directly to the player's high school coaches, especially the top high school programs. If you are that good you will be recruited by college coaches regardless of club.
You are either a parent that has not gone through the process or a coach from a lower-level team.

Not the prior poster, but just went through the process. I tend to agree with the points about playing for a club in high visibility tournaments (unless your club has absolutely no business playing in a tournament at that level) and prospect days, but neither are hard and fast rules. As far as the high school coach, there are probably a handful of high school coaches in NJ that a college coach would really rely upon, but in most instances, with a few exceptions, those coaches are also tied to pretty good club programs.