Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone with older kid have a ranking of the best showcases to attend?

1. Maverik Showtime (invite only, most coaches)
2. Juniors Open (almost as good if not better than Showtime - giving deference to Showtime because it is tried and true)
3. Mainstage - close behind. Just as many coaches but a lot of the top players dropped out this year because it is in July.
4. One percent - NLF heavy but they give you a write up and there were many coaches.
5. NXT showcases - a little watered down in talent but lots of coaches and well run.
6. If your son is high academic, I would suggest he do a Lacrosse Masters camp or the NXT high academic showcase.

Agree with most the above. Really depends on skill level too. For the most part #1-3 above are for higher end players and have a very selective application process (not open to the general public, you need to be invited to apply, and also requires a coach referral). Not everyone gets into these three events. I would add Best In Class between Mainstage and 1%. 1% are held several times/ year at different locations. Whatever showcase you decide to attend, make sure it's not during a blackout period for college recruiting. Sounds like common sense but it happens.
I stand corrected. Forgot about Best in class. Probably the most drills/instruction of them all. Another thing I wish I did for my sons was get them to more prospect days at schools you know they are interested in. It is a great way to meet the staff, see the campus and play in front of them.