Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a previous poster noted, these kids are now in High School; I'm curious to learn how many 2026 head coaches are truly qualified to coach at the HS level?

My son's team has had a great head coach, who is a respected, successful local youth town coach, who also is a successful businessman and all of his own kids have graduated from college.

The downside is that he has no playing experience, no HS coaching certifications or experience and his style of coaching is more towards the intermediate level.

Before I raise my concerns with the club team's director, it would be interesting to know about other 2026 head coaches.
At this point in HS and considering the price you're probably paying all of the coaches should be experienced. Some very good coaches at every level have never played the game but they are still qualified. Just because someone played the game doesn't mean they can coach, that goes for all sports. With that being said, they should at least match their knowledge of the game with the level of play.