Originally Posted by Anonymous
Turtles are solid team that can compete with mid level teams. I know they are looking for a few players and posted supplementals for next week. Lower priced program on Long Island. Worth giving it a shot

Low priced should not be be the prime selling point. Like any product you sometimes have to pay for quality. What else besides cost would you state are benefits? Often it’s lost cost because tourneys they play in and coaches. So the point is the cost is cheaper, but there a balance.

I think it comes down to what people are looking for. If you want to play at the next level all of these teams can help. It depends on what level you want and can compete at. I have a 2022 son, I've seen way too many kids believe that they can play D1or can make it at a High Academic D3. only to be disappointed. They were way too many kids on his team that never played (Express) they carried at one point 32 kids. They told each of the parents that it would be beneficial for them to play on the 2nd team. This 2nd team then would be completive and they would be able to get recruited because they would be playing. Most of the parents refused. They felt that practicing ageist the best would help their kid get better (the old Iron sharpens iron) In the end those that didn't play didn't get recruited. Why--- because they never played. No college coach will take a kid that he has never seen play.

Many parents blamed the club, but it was their fault. You can say the club should not have taken the money if they knew that the kid was not going to play. But it comes down to the parents ego. I have also seen kids get offers from some good schools but the parents dismissed the school as not being good enough. Only to have the kid not get recruited and not get into one of the chosen schools.

My point is know where your kid belongs academically, socially and lacrosse wise. Most of the clubs listed above that have 2022 and 2023 teams, have kids going on to play at the next level. yeah I know they are not going to Duke or Ives or the top academic schools but they are going to schools that fit them and they are getting some money to play a game that they love. Not every Kid can make it at the top schools. we all wan that but its not realistic. Know your kid and know what is realistic. It's ok to aim high and we should but have a plan B.

Most accurate post ever posted here.

Yes, one of the most well written, realistic post! Don’t have your kid sitting the bench in his developing years, pre-recruiting year and recruiting years for the club name. You would rather have your kid on a team “playing” against those clubs (even if team loses). Playing is the key word. Don’t waste time and money having your kid sitting on a bench. That will get your kid nowhere.

Go to a club where he will play in actual games. Competition makes him better and eventually gets him seen. Use some of the extra $s you save from the overpriced 32 roster big name club and get some extra training! Then as you see him playing and actually competing against the top kids, you should know where he stands by his recruiting year.