Originally Posted by Anonymous
You paint with a very broad brush. You are not getting into an Ivy, Stanford, ND, or Duke without a 1300-1400 SAT (depending on the school, some don’t require scores anymore) and very high grades all As, maybe one B, and in advanced HS courses. If you think differently, you are misinformed. As for the other schools you mentioned, they can get anyone in. A girl who is a a high level recruit and meets high level academic criteria has more choices. She can choose from a school that has a legit chance at a NC like MD, UNC, BC and major in lacrosse, or she can choose a high level academic school that has competitive lacrosse and the ability to pursue a major that gives opportunity to secure a life changing job. Everyone has different priorities, but if you have the grades, you have more options.

I thought many schools, even some of the Ivy's are test optional? Additionally I have heard some 2023s did not take SAT or ACT and still committed. These might be anomalous but interesting none the less. I would love for someone with good info weigh in on this.