Originally Posted by Anonymous1787
Gilman loses a generational keeper and a strong right handed bull dodger on offense. LB loses two great poles, one who was the best two way close defender in the Conference and the other who was the best offensive LSM in the last twenty years. Does either team have enough talent returning or enrolling to make the semis during the next 2 seasons?
I think that's a tall order. But never say never.
The Loyola returning defenseman is good enough to build around. But its tough when you lose 2 kids of that caliber. Defensive scheme has not been the problem at Loyola. I think it's been the other side of the ball.
I want them to succeed because my dad went there, but I think Gilman is in for a long season too. They need some administrative support. There was talk of them doing a review of their athletic department to see if teams were aligned in the proper level conferences. Even the thought of them dropping to the B division is disheartening. The talk of the proper athletic/academic "balance." I think they are still dealing with the fallout and stigma from the football issue, all these years later. And there are two camps in the building. It's just a matter of which side wins.