Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I watched the UA Midwest team beat Upstate. They were a two girl team and had a very solid goalie. A great powerful draw girl and a super shifty small middie/attacker who were the best two players on the field by a mile. When you win 80% of the draws and only win by 2 goals, it is not a roster of a better roster process.

At least a third the girls on the UA Midwest team probably shouldn't have made the team. (Probably more since 1/3 of their roster didn't see the field). Fromwhat i heard most of them played for Lou Fusz and Triumph. Let's not pretend that the Command selection process was any less flawed than the Highlight one.

Also, even though Highlight went 1-4, they were competitive in all five pool games, unlike the Command team who got blown out twice. Reality is that since American Select divided the talent pool for the midwest barring a situation like 2021 where the midwest has 4 of the top 15 players in the country, the midwest just doesn't have the depth of talent to be competitive in both events held at the same time.

Looking at the Command roster, Triumph had two players on there. I believe Lou Fusz had 3 or maybe 4 players (one is a goalie). I think Lacrosse [Censored] managed to get more players on both teams than either club mentioned.

If you include "guest players" Triumph had 7 or 8 on the roster. Lots of the Ohio players guest played for Triumph the weekend before. Coincidence or not?