Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

I would expect them to easily field two teams at that age as they have in the past. This years 2020 group was very good but started out with many players who were on black 2019 the year before as well as some purple players. For this year I think there are several kids who played up a year, who will be sliding down to their own age. Several players played up for the purple team who should have a decent shot at black and I think there was one player on black 2020 who will be moving to 2021. All that said, the talent always seems to show up for this club for the first year. The TG may not host 5 teams for the age group, but they will put together a competitive black team.

Lots of movement from 2020 Black few from that team going over to YJ. Team tired one or two players going to goal mentality and real tired of the Huntington loud mouth daddys who just never shut up!

Do they think they'll make Curcios team?

Doubt it the players that are looking to move are the ones that were firmly planted on the bench v the YJ. The starters aren't going anywhere.

All the TG players did get playing time in that win. If the team was at any point down in score or even tie, maybe they would have neglected subs to ensure a win, but they didn't have too. Even against the more competitive clubs (M&D and Skywalkers) they all rotated equally in, so even that logic is flawed. On the flip side I have seen several YJ games (older) without even a single sub, they are much more of a win at all costs club. With that said, I'm not sure with which philosophy I agree with more. I think both clubs put way to many girls on the roster which creates the problems to begin with. Its all about the money.