Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

I would expect them to easily field two teams at that age as they have in the past. This years 2020 group was very good but started out with many players who were on black 2019 the year before as well as some purple players. For this year I think there are several kids who played up a year, who will be sliding down to their own age. Several players played up for the purple team who should have a decent shot at black and I think there was one player on black 2020 who will be moving to 2021. All that said, the talent always seems to show up for this club for the first year. The TG may not host 5 teams for the age group, but they will put together a competitive black team.

Lots of movement from 2020 Black few from that team going over to YJ. Team tired one or two players going to goal mentality and real tired of the Huntington loud mouth daddys who just never shut up!

Unfortunately 2020 is a team that is already starting to be controlled with the behind the scenes nonsense , but kissing and private lessons. Even worse it is painfully obvious that they try to win games by having 2 players force their way to the goal. If your kid came out of the YJ game for more than 5 minutes you may want to look elsewhere because the writing is on the wall either you will be moved down to purple or you will be riding the pine in any competitive game.

First, what is wrong with girls getting private lessons? MANY girls get privates with Top Guns and other places. There is nothing wrong with girls working hard to get better! Secondly, all the girls played in the game against YJ. Why wouldn't this team play to win? It's travel lax not town lax, isn't the point to win? I'd love to know what two girls you're referring to since this certainly was not the case in YJ game or during the season! You OBVIOUSLY are not from the 2020 Black team or Top Guns for that matter!

Sorry, but I am from TG, but I would never use any girl's name on BOTC. You don't have to agree, it's just my opinion.