Originally Posted by Team BOTC
Reposting last post from previous SY:

Just needed to interject. Now that Travel is "wrapping up", I am happy to say that my son has committed to a D1 program. However, I must add that it wasn't without doing a lot of the leg work ourselves. You must be pro-active with highlights, prospect days and showcases. It was a long process and an emotional roller coaster.

Most colleges wanted to "see junior play during the season". This is where the coaches will see directly the caliber of player your son is. A lot depends on the particular schools' "needs" for that graduating class as well. Yes, it helps to have the high school and Travel coach provide info/support for your son. They are not magicians! They can't make schools look at your son. Your son/yourself need to continue to provide info and proof that supports your son's candidacy for the particular College. Travel originally was meant for kids to play against "better" competition. Today, it is partly true. Every kid, if able to pay, basically can make a travel team on some level. Once you are in contact with the Universities, then you need to be pro-active with letting both coaches know your interest, etc. so they can further the contacts/conversation. We also need to realize that our kids may not be as good as we think they are and maybe can't play for the level of school we are searching for. Also, I have experienced "crazy parents and players" over the years in HS and Travel. Do you think a coach would go to bat for them? Just some examples and feedback from past experiences. Best of Luck

Excellent post! Congrats and good luck to your son.