Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice to see so many local seniors in the Nike National senior All Star game Some incredibly talented young men and fun to see how many really made strides this past year. Watching the talent in that game had a few thoughts first is that a few schools will really be impacted with this class. Also nice to see the growth from a few different areas.
Fun to see the pet Sund Spall attack group

The Spallina kid is incredible I had him for 9/10 points he is so well rounded and can do it all slide early he feeds slide late he scores so fun to watch very creative

Sunderland was very interesting a player that I thought had an ok not great senior year played to his strength and was All off ball scoring many goals and was a presence on the ride be fun too see his fit.

Petro was the third best in this group taking far too many shots He scored a few and had a nice assist but may of taken 15 shots talking w a few people really not sure he is even a top 10 kid in class
Few others I enjoyed seeing play
Checo D. Figuires D macquure M Ricardelli G Mccool G Lockwood A Balsamo Crogan Sloat

Sunderland be a bust in college. Senior year was let down. Many junior defense in the miaa a shut him down. He has been playing 2 years older than most all high school and club.

Sunderland Senior year was not what I expected either but I think he will be productive just not as a player that has the ball a bunch he can score

Petro is a more interesting case a player that shoots a lot in a game and is erratic . Question I have is how much he turns it over w careless passing or wild shots that is not something coaches tolerate. Too many the hype doesn’t meet the product that however isn’t his fault. It’s more how much IL and TyX try’s to make him a top 5 player when while he is excellent he isn’t in that top group my view is he plays mid in school

I agree was nice to be able to watch those local players get to play again. My feeling is that the class will be very good in college also nice to see players from other areas think the Sloat kid will be a nice player as well as Terrenzi Rodney Larkin
Top 5 players in that game I saw
Spallina
Riciardelli
Figuires
macquire
Sunderland

Agree with this for the most part.

Petro will be a very good college player due to his versatility and his mindset. He may shoot a lot at times but I’ve also seen him play the decoy role and not take any shots. This was an all star game so show boating is a must.

Riciardelli is outstanding. Kept the American team in the game the 1st Half. (Along with 10 man ride).

Macquire is a bomber. Very good

Interested to see if all the btb stuff works in college for Spilina. He never seemed to beat the defender covering him but did find ways to score.

Sunderland is very good at finding open spot on the field.

Larkin is very good. Long player

Figueiras was a very vocal leader on the field. Directing players he probably has never played with before is impressive. Leader

Weisshaar was also very good. Can cancel some of the celebrations but it was an all star game and watching Spalding this year it seems to be their thing.

UA game is in a few weeks. Bigger stage in my opinion. Let’s see if the same players stand out with some added players that weren’t playing in Nike National.

Would like to watch the game again. Has anyone found the replay?

The game was on LSN should be able to get it there
Great post here is my 2cents based off yours and I as well enjoyed the game

Petro shoots So much and yes can be erratic seems way more erratic against a pole which is why he will be a mid in college. Like his game just so inconsistent with turnovers as far as you seeing him play I am not sure any star in any sports acts like a “decoy” I do think he will be fine

Riciardelli is fantastic will challenge to start day1 at Notre Dame big frame kid can do it all

Spallina can do it all is incredible distributer (had some great assists )great finisher but thing he does that not many can do is score while being covered very tough for defenses do you slide he passes or do you not and he scores.

I also really like Larkin. He will need a year seasoning but boy is he going to be good Long nasty cover guy
Figuires I also agree is excellent he may be best Defensmen in the class. IQ is very high

Balsamo I left impressed with smallish but really crafty being that he’s going to Duke reminds me of Guterding
Checo. Maybe most underrated player in the class so smart great stick and special off the ground
Lockwood. Highly productive out of HS and was scoring in a bunch of different ways
UA will be fun to watch