Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
fl$ does not limit tryout numbers. They are the greediest (other than LI Expre$$) organization. $125 is $125 to them.

Just to be clear about the fl$ tryout fee: it includes a 1-year subscription to Inside Lacrosse Magazine; from what I can tell, this is roughly a $35 value (using a 36% discount that the magazine lists as being available for 1-year subscriptions). That puts fl$'s net tryout fee at around $90: a little higher than 91 and a little lower than Express.
How does one opt-out of the magazine subscription? If you cannot, doing your breakdown does not imply any value-add for our readers. Think about it.

Cage, I agree with your point that there is no opt-out. However, there is still value. You are getting a magazine for a year (that most boys will want to subscirbe to anyhow). It's no different than when you sign up for a 5k race and the cost of signing up includes a tee shirt. Just bevcause I may not want the tee shirt, doesn't mean that the sign up fee didn't include value for the tee shirt.