Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the talk, concern and about all of the accolades is a waste of time, it's out of your control so don't waste your energy thinking about it.

All - County is based on how your team finishes the regular season, i.e. the team with the best record gets the most selections. It is not a vote, your coaches decides who makes it.

US Lacrosse All - American is selected by a committee (at least in the past not sure if it has changed). Nassau gets 9 AA's, Suffolk gets 8 AA's. The selection process for this award has always been the most political. Each year a handful of girls from each county who are good enough to make it are left off simply because of the limited number of spots available.

The accolades are nice but in the end nobody cares, the only accolade that really matters the one bestowed upon your daughter by the college coaches. If you really want to know where your daughter stands, look at the schools that offered your daughter a spot. The collective opinion of the college coaches will tell you how your ranks in relation to her peers .

Sorry, it only “doesn’t matter” to those not honored. Being selected as All-County, and All-American is a great honor, and those girls will remember that for the rest of their life. Yes, some good players are overlooked. Mostly because they are known ball hogs and/or they play on a weak team. I know of a couple girls that probably would have been selected All-Americans if they didn’t have such a selfish and unsportsmanlike like attitude. I agree with you about the college coaches list being the most important. It’s not a coincidence the All-Americans are committed to the top schools. So……is there a list of honorees somewhere? I would love to see the list!