Originally Posted by Anonymous
Vote for carol sad but true.a true pioneer of inflating the cost of travel lax.very overrated what they turned this money grab into.don’t get caught up in the hype.all the premier clubs have A,B,C and now D teams with inflated numbers on the roster.your kid will play half a game at best when at tournaments.I’ve seen it and am glad we went with a smaller club.still made out better scholarship wise than a lot of kids on so called top teams.
She is the most powerful and influential person in girl's/women's lacrosse at the local travel team level, HS coach level, college influence level and so on. No one is remotely close except maybe the CR in MD. Unfortunately, YJ is still the absolute best way to go for the better players. Having went through it, I am not a fan, but still believe it to be a player's best option. A solid player from the A team will have doors opening all over for her, whereas the same exact caliber player on any other LI club will often get overlooked. My kid made all the teams and lists and did amazing for herself. Very good player and I feel deserving, but probably had a lot of help from being a YJ and pushed by carol. I would say her and most of her teammates greatly benefited from the carol effect. I am not in denial; I clearly see that there are plenty of very good players out there that just do not get the benefit of the doubt that comes with being a part of the YJ A team. I am watching what girl's lacrosse is becoming. All the elite events, a million lists of ranking teams, players, photoshoots, social media hype, FOMO. It is completely out of control. Even Spallina tweeted same exact sentiment, since he has to now go through it with his kids. I wish you all good luck!