Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have an opinion on Team Eighteen? Coaching, well run…. Thanks

Kyle Harrison's touring club. Legit top 25 team but not top 5, maybe not top 10 (yet). Players from several states but a core of kids (15 ish) from Hawks, NL, Blue Claws, Kelly Post, True Annapolis, and a couple of Predators (NY and MD) and T91 MD kids. Goalies from Fusion and I think BBL. Few all stars from 91GA, the various Mad Dog / Texas teams, etc. But Kyle is based in Annapolis and the core of the team are the MD/PA kids (at least for the time being).

Bottom line: If your son can hang with better AAA/AAAA talent, he'll play. If he starts on an elite team. and he fits the system, he'll likely start on T18. T18 is a positive environment and not a bad way to test out if "mercenary travel lax" is for you without spending an absurd amount of money in year 1. Some players have decided it's not for them, other players have moved on to Nationals/Dukes etc. But the MD/PA boys have known each other in some cases since they were 3-4 years old, so the unit comes together fairly well.

Recommend you sign up for a workout or a camp with T18....give you a honest flavor of the talent level and coaching philosophy.

East coast tournament selection has been good - only losses I can remember are 91 National, 91 GA, and ML 2028 (twice). Wins against Legacy, Stealth, Denver Elite, and other low level elite teams or current "Hoco AAAA" Not attending Aloha events and blowing out random clubs to "win the ship" but also not getting dragged across the turf by top 3 national teams they shouldn't be playing. I think the losses to ML have been on the order of 9-4, 8-4 etc (and in tourney championship games) but can't remember. Just as a reference point.

Not trying to advertise here, just laying out facts. Definitely the most negative thing about it is that the "team unit" (even though they know each other well) doesn't work out enough together. The a la carte billing is good when you can't make a camp or tournament, but a little annoying when you have to pay for every single workout. That's capitalism I guess.

FYI I'm going to ignore any responses about how "mercenary travel ball is a waste." I have argued it both ways myself. As if traveling to a tournament with your "local club" with a roster of 32 kids and "surprise guest players" is what the creators of lacrosse intended.

Team 18is terrible. And no where near Top 25. The 2028 team hasn’t won a meaningful game, maybe ever