Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone explain to me how these college girls who are obviously Americans are playing for these other countries this week? Germany? England? PR?

Because The whole tournament is a joke! Waste of money that we all pay for with our “membership “. There is 0 competition and many of the the women who actually know how to play lacrosse on the other countries teams are actually from the USA. Do they really think people want to watch blow out games against JV teams?? Embarrassing

I just don’t understand how players born in this country,
live and go to school in this country are somehow on these other country’s teams. And yes - it seems like these are the kids who are the best players on some of these teams. Makes the whole thing ridiculous.

To be fair, they have no shot at playing for team USA. If you have dual citizenship, why WOULDN'T you decide to play for the other country and experience lacrosse at the world stage? This happens in all sports. We have athletes who weren't born in the US but chose to represent the USA in a variety of sports. You take no issue with that, but when it's the other way around, faux patriotism rears it's head. That entitled tone of judging a player's personal decision is not very American.[/quote]

Problem with your theory is that the majority of these women playing for other countries do NOT have dual citizenship. They only have that heritage. This whole tournament is silly and I resent be forced to fund it with my US Lacrosse membership fee, so I am entitled to my opinion. We have one super team playing sub par competition. I would rather there be no team USA and disperse those girls on the various other teams. Now that would be fun! I can’t even watch this.[/quote]
Then don’t watch it. It’s about growing the game-plain & simple.