Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coppermine has invested time, money, resources, etc into their 2028 & younger teams. New coaches hired down to 2032. They have hired multiple full time staff members dedicated to the lacrosse program. They have new indoor & outdoor facilities that became available within the past year and more are under development. They have camps and programs for kids starting at 2 years old, which will continue to be a feeder, especially with their Carroll County location drawing even more talent. The 2028 team has been a catalyst for change in the program. They are not an outlier.

And you can tell they are becoming a factor when more and more lax people try to attack then so they can keep their own players. Keep working Coppermine and no I’m not a parent there. Love they are creating another good option for kids!

I don’t feel like the post was attacking Coppermine 2028, but rather even complimented them as a team. However, they are clearly an outlier within their club and you should be proud of your team. No one can pretend or conveniently forget their history of success of a Club as whole to date. No one is faulting anyone for the strategy of hope and monetary investment. They have invested in every team they have fielded for years, and the results aren’t terrible but you are who you are. Coppermine is not a new club.

The 2028s have outshined the rest of their club and to this point have been the most consistent 2028 team. No dispute there. I can acknowledge and respect many peoples hope and belief for the future of that club based as what that team has done to date. One also must acknowledge and not dismiss the history or the club to date as if the 27s, 26s, 25s etc don’t exist. I believe Coppermine 2028 will remain a good team. However when choosing a Club the choice is either one of proven success, or one of the strategy of hope and belief.