Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is a rising 9th grader at BL - no one cares that there are boarders coming on board and no one thinks they're entitled playing time because they're legacies. Every school in the MIAA recruits lax players to enter in 9th grade - who cares if they're from MD, TX or GA?

If it were limited to rising 9th graders, I think most could pinch their nose and deal with it. When you are bringing in a kid who is committed to a top school for one year for no other reason than lacrosse, what message does that send the kid who spent his life at BL working toward that spot now occupied by a hired gun. I have no animosity toward the transfers for looking to compete against the best, but the message should be clear that nothing is guaranteed. You may be the next guy up, but only until the coach can bring in a better option.
So ridiculous. Committed. Leaves his school, family and all his friends to go play his last year at a school out of state? Why? To win an MIAA crown? Are you that desperate to say you’re the best? Because it makes no sense otherwise.