Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote/ Curious if any of the Crush parents think the "guest" player pushed them over the edge for the win?

Crush is way better than Coppermine without that add on.

What are you basing this comment on?? Has Crush ever beaten Coppermine? They tied them once, a few weeks ago, and that's the closest they've ever come. So, this comment is simply lashing out / inferiority complex?

Just like the inferiority complex Coppermine has to M&D, Heros and on occasional Skywalkers

Yup, and those are the top clubs with proven track-records (recruitment) and they require serious commitment. Missing lacrosse March-July for another sport is unacceptable if you want to play for a top club. My daughter would not want to play for a team/club that tolerates players missing a game or tournament for another sport. That is letting your teammates down.

Exactly This. Until Coppermine become more "professional" they won't recruit and retain top players. Top players want to be surrounded by full committed teammates.

I think this may be true at other years, but at this year I don't think the concern is being surrounded by quality and committed players. They have some soccer players, but they also have a core group who seem pretty engaged.

Of the two factors mentioned, I think the unknown about recruitment is a bigger issue for many. Someone said any "top player" would want to go play at Coppermine and I think this is false for this reason (obviously some would, but many wouldn't). There are plenty of great 2028 teams who win and have great coaching, but with a better track record for recruitment and a better reputation with college coaches. Is that everything? No, but if you're weighing the pros and cons of a team and your options are open, it's something to consider.

Obviously these kids are still young, but in reality, they're only a few years away from recruiting being a big concern many. And I can't imagine most girls want to move clubs more than once at this point. So if you're moving now, then nows the time to think about it.