Originally Posted by Anonymous
Timeout. NL won HOCO. I thought that made them the best team in the country. How could some random team from NJ beat them?

5th or 6th loss in less than 2 weeks for Next Level. Some of these elite teams haven’t lost that many in 2 years.

Next level got lucky and won HOCO. They aren’t even a top-10 team or program nationally.

"Some of these elite teams" obviously doesn't include MadLax, which has lost twice to NL alone in the past *three months.* Any Hawks parents want to do this board the courtesy of tallying up the MadLax losses to your squad over the past year or two? I'm putting the over/under at 5. My point is that there's a lot a parity and good competition in the 2028 age group. Hawks are a consistently great team. NL and MadLax are both very good teams that have the talent to beat anyone--and also the tendency of 12-year-olds to be inconsistent. But we're doing this little history lesson because NL losing to a couple of national all-star teams in summer competition has apparently stirred the MadLax trolls who can't handle NL's recent domination of them and insist that it's "lucky."

"the tendency of 12-year-olds to be inconsistent" — No. Not my 12 year old. He is consistent. He can play 100% in any situation, no excuses. Except for Vail...I mean, that altitude would do a number on anyone's lungs. But back at sea level, he's ALWAYS on. Unless it's above 80 degrees. And above 90, I mean you can't ask kids to play in that weather. But you give me any game below 80...okay below 75 degrees, on a cloudy day, at sea level, and my kid is GOING HARD. Unless it's below 55 degrees, or rainy. But other than that, he's on point. Unless the other team has holdbacks.

Thank you! That was the funniest post